RFP Specifications Consulting
Bidding specifications need to provide potential vendors a clear understanding of what you need. Poorly written specifications lead to vendor questions, or potentially receiving bids for products and/or services that do not meet your intent.
Something as simple as a network switch requires a lot of detail…
- How many ports, and what speeds do the ports need to accommodate?
- Does it need to include power over ethernet (POE) capability? - If so, should it be POE or POE+, and what are your total wattage requirements? (which will drive what power supplies you need)
- Does the switch need to be able to provide layer-3 switching?
- What kind of uplink capability do you require (speed as well as copper, MM or SM fiber)
- Do the switches need to be stackable?